SAS Information Map Studio: Data items with same name
In SAS Information Map Studio, you may notice that some data items have similar names with a numeric after the name. When you use the data items from various tables they may use similar names. When you add the variables to the information map, SAS adds a number to the duplicate name. It can be difficult for the end user to understand what the data contains.
Solve Your Information Map Issues!
For example, in the following figure – in the Before side – addressline1 can be the Customer address or it can be the Regional office address. This is going to be confusing to an end user – actually it confuses me!
Use Folders to Assist with Organization
If you use folders to organize your data items, the users can quickly determine the data source to build their report. To add the folders, do this:
- Right click the information map name and select New Folder from the pop-up menu.
- Type the folder name.
- Drag and drop the items you want into the folder.
Hint: It is easier to create the folders before adding any data item to the map. Then drag and items from the Selected Resources panel into the desired folders.
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Use these 7 Data Storytelling Examples to Make Your Insights more Meaningful Today - 2018-06-09
- Use Network Analysis to Understand Your Customers with SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 - 2018-01-21
- My 7 Favorite Features in SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 on Viya - 2018-01-14
- Designing Dashboards: Finding the Fantastic Five Colors - 2017-06-19
- Creating a Web Analytics Report in SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 - 2017-06-19